[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER with MySQL Cluster

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Sep 19 08:31:57 CEST 2007

Kerker Staffan writes:

 > i'm curious about this one. we used to run a dual Openser installation
 > with MySQL cluster, but this proved to very unstable (on the cluster
 > side). is this working fine now?

i had exactly the same problem with mysql server 4.1.  if i just
unplugged ethernet cable on the other ndb node, the whole cluster went
down.

i have now been experimenting with mysql server 5.0.32 (or something
like that) and things have improved.  yesterday i did all kinds of
tricks to a two ndb node cluster and didn't manage to break it.
sometimes though it took a quite long time to get the cluster initially
up starting to count when all processes were running.

also, i think that one still cannot alter ndb tables on the fly so
upgrading to next openser version will be a big hassle that no-one would
like to have in production environment.

so apart from alter table hassle, perhaps mysql cluster would now be
ready for prime time.

-- juha