[OpenSER-Users] snmpstats agent failing to connect to master agent

Gabi Mahu gabimahu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 08:10:19 CEST 2007

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes, I do run snmpd as root and "Turning on AgentX
master support" is present in the initial output. As
for the snmpstats.conf file, it contains only this
line: agentXSocket tcp:localhost:705. I followed the
instructions in the module documentation, nothing
more.

With the file in its place, with the config files in
the form that I listed in previous mails, I get no
agentx debug output. I renamed the snmpstats.conf
file, so it can't be reached by the sub-agent in the
module, and the agentx debug output is present. Maybe
it has something to do with some kind of standard
configuration for a NET-SNMP subagent, that happens to
be ok for me.

Thanks.

Gabi Mahu

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47094/*http://farechase.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTFicDJoNDllBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BHBvcwMxMwRzZWMDZ3JvdXBzBHNsawNlbWFpbC1uY20->