[OpenSER-Users] authorization problems with multiple servers

Ben Smithurst openserusers.dcdc3868 at bensmithurst.com
Wed Sep 12 11:39:50 CEST 2007

Hi

We have a problem with clients authorizing (whether for INVITE or
REGISTER) against a pair of openser servers, served via either round
robin A records, or multiple equal preference SRV records.

The problem in a nutshell is

client sends INVITE to server 1
server 1 replies with authorization challenge
client sends INVITE with auth to server 2
server 2 doesn't like the 'nonce' value

Now, this only happens via our nat proxy, as far as we can tell, so I
think the problem lies there (and I have contacted the vendor of that
system).  However I wonder if there is any way to make openser work in
such a setup, in case other client do the same thing (which IMO is quite
a stupid thing to do) ... would the valid 'nonce' values need to be
stored in the DB?

Incidentally we are using mysql authentication and we are using usrloc
in db_mode 3, with both openser machines pointed at the same mysql
server.  We're using a pretty recent openser SVN revision (dev15).

Any tips would be appreciated.

thanks
-ben

--