[OpenSER-Users] Dispatcher + NAT

kokoska rokoska kokoska.rokoska at post.cz
Wed Sep 5 23:45:27 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently succesfully running OpenSER, but user population grow up
and I'm affraid I need laod balancing :-)

The projected scenario is:

USERS <-> (NAT) <-> LB <-> P1 <-> GWs
                       <-> P2
                       <-> R1
                       <-> R2

Where LB is Load Balancer (OpenSER with Dispatcher & Path module), and
P1-P2 is proxies (OpenSER) and R1-R2 registrars (OpenSER)

And the problem I need to solve is NAT handling.
I can correctly process registrations with help of Path module on LB and
enabling of using it on R1,R2.
But, what should I do with calls? My idea is to process NAT handling on
P1-P2, but I don't know how. Both proxies are unable (I mean) detect
correct user IP address.

Could you tell me, please, what to do? Do NAT handling on LB? It is
unnecessary added load to LB...

Thanx in advance!

kokoska.rokoska