[OpenSER-Users] Limiting maximum simultaneous calls per user

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Wed Sep 5 18:15:13 CEST 2007

El Wednesday 05 September 2007 18:11:40 Sebastian Mangelkramer escribió:
> Dear list,
>
> actually I'm searching for a solution to limit the max. simultaneous
> calls per user.
> I`ve searched the internet and list-archives for possible solutions.
> But until now i haven`t found a solution.
>
> What i exactly need is to define the max. simultaneous calls per user
> (e.g. 2,4,6,8,...).
> I know, that openSER is transaction-stateful, not call-stateful but

> is there a way
> to monitor the number of RTP-Sessions per user from Mediaproxy and
> set the
> "max_calls"-variable via an AVP?

Sure not since the reason you gave above ;)

I don't know a solution, but what about using the dialog module for that?
With that you can know how man calls are active (note that a died call with no
BYE is still considered as active <= OpenSer not call-stateful). You could
parse the result of the command about the active calls in order to find
the "From" and count them.

But I think a more solid solution could be using a B2BUA.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es