[OpenSER-Users] Enum lookup delays

Tue Oct 30 08:30:25 CET 2007

Hi Nick!

This is a known problem with ENUM - lame delegations will increase DNS
lookup duration and you can't avoid it (it also happened to e164.arpa
last year when Italy's name server were offline).

You should adjust DNS timeouts (see core cookbook on openser wiki) and
make sure to reply with 100 trying before the ENUM lookup.

regards
klaus