[OpenSER-Users] Can OpenSER do barge-in?

raviprakash sunkara sunkara.raviprakash.feb14 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:06:14 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Sajith T S <sajithts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Klaus Darilion wrote:
>
> > If you send all calls to Asterisk you can use the features of Asterisk
> > for this.
>
> True, but isn't it a little suboptimal?  Say, I'm a supervisor in a
> call center.  I wouldn't want to barge into all calls, only certain
> calls where my agents would need assistance.

As per Klaus says 100 %. because OpenSER is powerfull sip signalling. its
cann't do media tracking the call, So if u pass all the calls to Asterisk,
then asterisk creates the Channel. Barging and ChanSpy in Asterisk works on
Channels base.

Is there a way to initiate a directed call transfer sort of thing,
> perhaps towards a conference room?  Is 3PCC suited for such a scenario?
> I'd imagine that proxy should need B2BUA functionality in this case.
>
> And - thanks a lot for the responses.  Much appreciated.
>
> Sajith.

Thanks &Regards
Ravi Prakash Sunkara
VoIP Development Tech Lead