[OpenSER-Users] case sensitivity with avp_db_load

Mon Oct 22 13:31:27 CEST 2007

Jiri Kuthan schrieb:
> At 16:37 19/10/2007, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Jiri Kuthan wrote:

>>> What I consider a proper behaviour is 1) getting usernames into a normalized string form (%-escapes, upper/lower-case, local
>>>   naming policies, internatilization, ettc., etc.)
>>>   - failure not to do so is likely to result in mismatch
>> Thus, regardless if your setup is based on UUIDs or username at domain we have to find a way to make step 1.
>
> Yes. Partially, that's domain policy (such as ignoring case or not), partialy that's
> protocol thing (e.g. escape codes)
>
> Still, it is just the step one which deal with letter canonization, in the next
> level canonization of the whole names is due.
>
>> What about having AVP-translations for converting to lower/upper case?
>
> Not sure what you mean -- a function like bring_to_lowercase($uri.username) ....
> it may be actually reasonable to bring this canonization step in scripting as
> opposed in some module parameters (I generally like a more explicite way of
> expressing the policy).

Hi Jiri!

In Openser 1.2 there were introduced "Pseude Variables transformation".
Thus, my idea was to add another transformation, e.g. $ru{s.lower}

> Anyhow -- just to solve your specific mini-problem, it would be worth looking
> if there is a case-sensitive option in usrloc/registrar in openser. It used to
> be in SER and chance is good openser has inherited in. In SER the option was
> removed from registrars/usrloc since they operate over IDs and URI->id functions
> are today hirdwired case-insensitive, even though it is not the best reflection
> of it being actually a subject to administrative policy. I would favor doing it
> out of script as you suggest better.

Yes - this is still possible. But this module option is only available
in registrar module, this it does not help with alias_db module or
avp_db_load.

regards
klaus