[OpenSER-Users] case sensitivity with avp_db_load

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Oct 18 16:35:27 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 10/17/07 16:10, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently I have users stored in DB with lower case letters. But I
> want to allow my user to use upper case letters as well. But this does
> not work as avp_db_load is case sensitive. Is there a way to handle
> avp_db_load case insensitive?
is it postgres behind? AFAIK, mysql does ignore case comparison --
although I may be wrong!

The issue comes from the database server, the value is passed as it is
gotten from the message. It is hard to predict what is the form in
database, upper case, lower case, mixed. Maybe the database server can
be configured to do ignore case string comparison.