[OpenSER-Users] [wiki] Adding page about SIP devices supporting presence PUBLISH

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Mon Oct 8 11:40:20 CEST 2007

El Monday 08 October 2007 11:08:57 Juha Heinanen escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  > As I said in my first mail, if a device supporting presence
>  > publishes "Online - Away" and after a minute it generates a REGISTER (to
>  > refresh the "expire" in the server), then this REGISTER will generate a
>  > new PUBLISH (made by "pua_usrloc" module), but this PUBLISH will just
>  > indicate "Online", so watchers will see "Online".
>  > After a while, when the device sends a refresh PUBLISH this will
>  > contain "Online - Away", and that is what watchers will see then.
>
> why doesn't pua_usrloc generate a publish that corresponds to current
> published status of the device?

That's good idea. In fact, why to generate a new PUBLISH if already exists
a "real" PUBLISH? why not just modify "expires" and "received_time"
in "presentity" table?

> why does pua_usrloc need to generate a publish are result of register?

Sorry, I think you mean "a publish **as** result of register", is it?

In that case I don't understand the question, pua_usrloc aim is exactly that,
generate an "online" status for devices that don't support presence.

>  > So I need a way to determine if a device does PUBLISH or not, that is
>  > the reason I plan to have a DB table with PUBLISH capable (or not
>  > capable) "user-agent" list.
>
> a device may be capable of generating a publish, but if may not have
> been configured to do so.

True, anyway IMHO is worse the actual issue with REGISTER and PUBLISH race
condition in devices supporting presence.

Maybe I should report a wish for this module with the suggestion in this
thread?

Regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo