[OpenSER-Users] Re: can't get code for the src-leg attribute

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Wed Oct 3 04:47:23 CEST 2007

Hi Sam,

Here is a little information about Diameter: http://ing.ctit.utwente.nl/WU5/D5.1/Technology/diameter/

Christian was absolutely correct as quoted from the above URL:

    Strict limitation of attribute data
Radius has only one byte reserved for the length
of a datafield (max. 255) in its attribute header.
Diameter reserves two bytes for its
length of a datafield (max. 16535).

The web site: www.diameter.org is currently not active.

The web site: www.opendiameter.org is active and
the latest release was March 2007.  A quick review of the SVN repository shows the last
update 2 weeks ago.  This would lead me to believe that OpenDiameter is actively being
developed.

Regards,
Norm

> After remeoved the support of
DIAMETER mmodule from openser, tt works fine now.
> I have registered some numbers to it
and will test it tonight with remote xlite users.
> BUT, what is DIAMETER? I read some
post in voip forum, someone said it is far too outdated.
> I am wondering what it is, and
what should be used to replace DIAMETER.

> Thanks for helping me along to
solve the issues.

From: Christian Schlatter <cs at unc.edu>
Great <livegreat007 at yahoo.com>; users at openser.org
> Sent: Wednesday, October 3,
2007 10:44:06 AM
> Subject: Re: [OpenSER-Users] Re: can't get code for the src-leg
attribute

> Norman Brandinger wrote:
>> First,
>>
>> The three radius messages from the radius log are just INFO messages,

not error messages. This is a good thing.

>> Try using the lowest
possible unused number for the attributes. My
>> attributes are in the 240 range.
Again, I haven't tested it but perhaps
>> radius has an upper limit of maybe 255 or
maybe 1024.

> The upper limit is 255 because there is only one byte for RADIUS

> attribute types.
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/radius-types
>
> I'd suggest to either use 124-223 or 241-255 for things like src/dst-leg.
>
> /Christian
>

>> Norm
>>

>> > Hi Norman,

Thanks for the reply.
>> > According to your suggestion, I have added the following
lines in
>> raddb/dicitionary:
>> > ATTRIBUTE Src-Leg 1075 integer
>> >
>> > ATTRIBUTE Dst-Leg 1076 integer
>> >

>> > change in radiusclient-ng/dictionary:

ATTRIBUTE Src-Leg 1075 integer
>> > ATTRIBUTE Dst-Leg 1076 integer
>>

>> > change in openser/openser.cfg:

#modparam("acc", "multi_leg_info",

"src_leg=$avp(i:901);dst_leg=$avp(i:902)")
>> > modparam("acc",
"multi_leg_info",
>> "Src-Leg=$avp(i:901);Dst-Leg=$avp(i:902)")

>> > Note, I have commented out the original src_leg/dst_leg
definition.
>> > I don't know what is that i:901 and i:902 means, so I simply
change
>> the first letter to upper
>> > case and change "_"
to "-".

>> > Restarted radiusd, and try to start
openser then found the following
>> error in the
>> > /var/log/messages
file:
>> > ERROR:acc:extra2int: <Src-Leg> is not a number
>> >

>> > When I started radiusd, there are info messages written to

/var/log/radiusd.log file:
>> > Wed Oct 3 09:28:45 2007 : Info: Using deprecated
naslist file.
>> Support for this will go away
>> > soon.
>> > Wed Oct 3 09:28:45 2007 : Info: rlm_exec: Wait=yes but no output

defined. Did you mean
>> > output=none?
>> > Wed Oct 3 09:28:45 2007
: Info: Ready to process requests.

From: Norman Brandinger <norm at goes.com>
Great <livegreat007 at yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 3:26:40 AM
>> > Subject: Re: can't get code for
the Failed attribute

>> > Hi Sam,
>> >
>> > If you altered the dictionary entries, you MUST make sure that your
>>
> openser.cfg, has also been updated.
>> >
>> > For example:
>> >
>> > modparam("acc", "radius_extra",
"Src-Leg=$avp(s:source_leg);
>> > Dst-Leg=$avp(s:destination_leg)")
>> >
>> > Note that Src-Leg and Dst-Leg MUST be in the dictionary for
BOTH
>> > radiusclient-ng AND radiusd.

Regards,
>> > Norm

meant openser will trainsform Src-Leg to

string

ERROR: acc: can't get code for the src_leg attribute