[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER 1.3 - release name [UPDATE]

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Nov 30 18:51:07 CET 2007

Hi all,

First, just to clarify - I start thinking at a name (for each release)
mainly as a label underlining some particularity of the release; then,
this name should be in English to be easy for everybody.

There were a lot of suggestions and comments regarding the name, but all
failed to establish a relation between the name and openser or to be a
world wide acceptable word.

My suggestion for "BlackCat" was following the superstitions around the
"13" number (as we have release 1.3). I think it is also a simple name,
easy to remember, and why not, funny :) (also I like to challenge the
superstitions :P).

So, following the rules:
    1) the name should be obviously related to the 1.3 release
    2) the name should be in English
    3) the name should be easy to remember

I still wait to see if there are any other valid suggestion for a name.
In the same time, if there are comments against the "BlackCat" name,
feel free to speak up.

Let's try to close this subject during the next week, by Friday.