[OpenSER-Users] Changing From: and To: URIs...

Phil D'Amore ptdamore at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:48:02 CET 2007

Hi Everyone...

I'm looking for some advice.  Let's say I have a To: header in an
initial INVITE:

To: Bob <sip:8005551212 at sip.example.com>

Due to carrier requirements, it really needs to be:

To: Bob <sip:+18005551212 at sip.example.com>

I'm not asking how to do it.  I know I can use some textops functions
to make this happen.  I also know that doing this might break
something.

The uac module already nicely handles the From: header in a way that
doesn't break things.  I thought about extending this to handle To:,
but I worried that the Record-Route header might get too long for some
UAs if I wind up having to change both headers.  The To tag must also
be dealt with somehow, which I think might make it harder to do than
From.

Using a 302 response is not an option for me, and I'm really trying to
avoid getting a B2BUA involved with this right now.  Moving from
openser 1.1.1 to 1.3 is enough for me without changing my architecture
;).  I'm wondering what would be the best way given what openser can
do right now (1.3) to re-write that header that doesn't break
anything.  I'm not adverse to writing some code to make it happen if
that is what is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Phil