[OpenSER-Users] OpenSER Sending INVITE twice

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Nov 27 02:47:23 CET 2007

This is the way that is supposed to work.  If nothing is received from
upstream, the request is resent.
>From the rfc3261:

17.1.1.1 Overview of INVITE Transaction

   The INVITE transaction consists of a three-way handshake.  The client
   transaction sends an INVITE, the server transaction sends responses,
   and the client transaction sends an ACK.  For unreliable transports
   (such as UDP), the client transaction retransmits requests at an
   interval that starts at T1 seconds and doubles after every
   retransmission.  T1 is an estimate of the round-trip time (RTT), and
   it defaults to 500 ms.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas