[OpenSER-Users] Modify $au to lowercase

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Nov 24 15:20:58 CET 2007

El Sábado, 24 de Noviembre de 2007, Peter P GMX escribió:
> Hello Christian,
>
> that seems to be a solution in conjunction with the perl module. When
> will 1.3 be available?
>
> BTW: I am always wondering why such "normal" things as overwriting vars
> and general string substutution is so limited in OpenSER. Besides
> superficial documentation (everyone has to try and error and to reinvent
> the whole thing by himself), the main job is research ing for tricky
> workarounds in order to make things running.

OpenSer is supposed to be a SIP proxy/regitrar/location/redirect server.
And SIP its cleraly defined in various RFC's. If someone wants to play with
variables that are defined in RFC as case-sensitive, and limit then to
lower-case then it's not an OpenSer issue.

> I am running a number of
> Asterisk PBX (release version 1.2) -- and there it's so easy!

Now try to do a serial/pararell forking in Asterisk, or try to register a SIP
user from various locations, or try to do a SIP spiral into Asterisk, and
tell us how easy/possible that is ;)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo