[OpenSER-Users] Modify $au to lowercase

Christian Schlatter cs at unc.edu
Sat Nov 24 03:15:28 CET 2007

Peter P GMX wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any chance to modify the authorization user name?
>
> I have the following scenario. We do allow only lowercase usernames when
> users are registering. So the md5 password is created and stored based
> on lowercase letters.
> When a user receives his account data he might enter his username in
> camelcase in his user agent. So when he tries to register, it fails, as
> the md5 hash based on the camelcased username is different.
>
> I tried to use the perl module, put the username to lowercase and put it
> back to OpenSER via avp_pushto. But Openser only allows $ru,$du,$br to
> be modified.
>
> Do I have a chance to modify $au?

The auth module of openser 1.3 (which will be released soon) contains
two new authentication functions that take any pseudo variables as
username/password input:

pv_www_authorize(realm):
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/auth.html#AEN243

pv_proxy_authorize(realm):
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/auth.html#AEN279

This should enable you to feed the username's uppercase version to the
authorize functions.

BTW: It would be nice to have an uppercase/lowercase string
transformation available.

/Christian