[OpenSER-Users] record_route() for responses

Robert Dyck rob.dyck at telus.net
Sun Nov 18 23:51:37 CET 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Jiri Kuthan writes:
>  > just wondering if you can refer me to some common-sense sip ua?
>  > (I agree with your point, I'm just painfuly anaware of such a ua.)
>
> jiri,
>
> try twiinkle.
>
> -- juha

Speaking of Twinkle, that is the UA I was referring to in my previous post on
this thread. During a re-INVITE it does not return an Record-Route list with
its 200 OK. This does not violate the spec but it causes inter-working
problems with asterisk because asterisk appears to create an empty route set
and the ACK will not find its way. I had a brief Email exchange with the
author of Twinkle. He was reluctant to implement a work around to fix a
problem with another UA. Other UA's that I have encountered send an RR list
with the 200 OK during re-INVITE.

Rob