[OpenSER-Users] record_route() for responses

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Nov 16 10:37:50 CET 2007

Klaus Darilion writes:

 > Thus IMO we should have some settings which allow the proxy to add RR
 > header also for relayed response if during request processing
 > record-route was called and the proxy misses itself as the top RR
 > header. what do you think?

klaus,

in my opinion also sip ua vendors should also take some responsibility
of security.  it cannot be so that proxy gets very day more and more
complicated in order to cope with brain damaged sip uas.

this particular problem is easy to avoid in sip ua by configuring it to
always use your sip proxy as its outbound proxy.  defining an outbound
proxy should imply that the ua refuses to talk with anybody else.

-- juha