[OpenSER-Users] Aliases table and db aliases

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Thu Nov 15 15:25:49 CET 2007

El Thursday 15 November 2007 15:17:36 Daniel escribió:
> Thanks.
> But I don't understand the use of aliases table.
>
> I have defined some subscriber users, with username (like BOB) and password
> (BOBPWD). So, if I wanted to access the system, I would send a REGISTER
> message with correct username and password (authorization required). Then
> my proxy address will be "sip:BOB at IP_PROXY" and my Contact will be
> "sip:BOB at MY _IP_ADRRESS".
> These information are saved into USER LOCATION table (save("location")
> function).
> Now, through DB_aliases module and dbaliases table, I can define some
> aliases for BOB (like "sip:1234 at IP_PROXY", etc...), so if an INVITE for bob
> has "sip:1234 at IP_PROXY" as R-URI, with db_aliases_lookup() function I can
> rewrite R-URI with Bob's URI ("bob at IP_PROXY") and then call the
> lookup("location") function.
> But I don't understand how I can use the ALIASES table.
> Are there any example explaining its use ?

If you use DB_ALIASES module you don't need ALIASES table at all.
ALIASES table is other way of implement aliases, just it.

For example:

* alias with DB_ALIASES module:

table dbaliases:
  alias_username:  1234
  alias_domain:      IP_PROXY
  username:          bob
  domain:              IP_PROXY

db_aliases_lookup() will rewrite URI when it's 1234 at IP_PROXY and it'll become
bob at IP_PROXY

Later lookup("location") will look for the contact of that AOR.

* alias with ALIASES table:

table aliases:
  username:  1234
  domain:      IP_PROXY
  contact:      sip:bob at IP_PROXY

lookup("aliases") will rewrite URI when it's 1234 at IP_PROXY and it'll become
bob at IP_PROXY

Later lookup("location") will look for the contact of that AOR.

ok now?

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es