[OpenSER-Users] MyISAM or InnoDB in MySQL tables?

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:56:24 CET 2007

Regarding MyISAM vs.InnoDB..... I had much higher CPU load and call delay
stablishment using InnoDB and I had to switch to MyISAM. Not to mention 3x
disk space, which is nowadays not "really" important.

BUT this highly depends on the implementation of your application. If they
are not able to react upon transaction failure (innoDB) then you do not gain
much using it and you should go for MyISAM.

I would recommend using MyISAM for fast updates (accounting,location,...)
and innoDB for more "static" data but i'm just a DB newby and would really
appreciate someone with knowledge to correct me!!!!!!

just test it,
samuel.