[OpenSER-Users] SIP forking - address a certain client on Openser 1.2

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Wed Nov 14 12:12:18 CET 2007

Hi,

we would like to anable the client to register from 2 IP addresses but
the latest register shall be used for the invite message.
But the problem is - how to tell OpenSER?

As I have read in the documnetation there are actually 2 Parameters
which handles this processing
        modparam("registrar", "max_contacts", 2)
set the number of parallel registers to 2 (forking)

        modparam("registrar", "append_branches", 1)
delivers to all registered branches

        modparam("registrar", "append_branches", 0)
delivers only to 1 registered branch
But - which one??

In the doumentation there is explained that one can set the q-value. As
the SIP client doesn't know, how many registers already exist he can not
set a dedicated q-value.

If I manually change the q-values in the database (table location) there
is no change in the behaviour. I changed q value from -2 -1 to 0 and 1
and 2. no change. I could not determine, which rule applies, so I played
with the other parameters:

§         id

§         q (as above)

§         expires

§         last_modified

No change. I can not see, that if I set one of the values to a higher or
a lower value as the second register, it affects the behaviour of
Openser to call a certain SIP client.

Am I think wrong or what can I do to?