[OpenSER-Users] TLS Registrations start dropping?

Fri Nov 9 08:25:07 CET 2007

Chris Heiser schrieb:
> Information on TLS and OpenSER with this specific issues seems to be
> scarce.
>
> I have 2 different setups.  One with about 130 registrations, one with
> about 250.  Both with SSLv23 turned on, and TLS is enabled in the phones.
> What's odd is after some unknown amount of time, phones start dropping
> like files and fail to re-register.  (Our registration timer is set at 60
> seconds to aid in failover).

Do all the phones register via TLS or only some phones register via DNS?
Do only the phones fail to REGISTER which use TLS or all of them?

Why do you use SSLv23? Using TLS would be the standard.

> What's interesting is it appears that the SSL handshake completely fails
> when this starts to happen.  The requests from the phones are smaller in
> size (733 bytes about 970 for a good one).  Suspicion would normally lie
> with the phones.  They're obviously not doing something right!

What's about debugging the handshake? Use ssldump to debug the
handshake. There should also be some logs in openser's logfile.

regards
klaus