[OpenSER-Users] MediaProxy 1.9.0 - Radius

Miles Scruggs miles.scruggs at wideideas.com
Mon Nov 5 17:06:57 CET 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Miles Scruggs writes:
>
>> I guess the question is there really any other options?
>
> yes, the internet way, i.e., don't try to charge per minute for
> sip-to-sip calls and use accounting records for unreliable
> "information
> only" purpose.  calls that end up to/from pstn, you can reliable
> charge
> at the gateway where both signaling and media is terminated.

That works in theory, but still doesn't solve the case for network
failure of the end user when the end user was put on hold by an
upstream party.  The carrier has no way to know the call ended (until
the call is taken off hold upstream) as they aren't expecting any
audio to be passed and we haven't sent a proper bye.

I think Ovidiu has the right solution, we'll see how we can implement
this.

Thanks

Miles