[OpenSER-Users] proper call tear down

Miles Scruggs miles.scruggs at wideideas.com
Fri Nov 2 22:11:56 CET 2007

Hi,

This is probably more SIP related than openSER, but I'll ask it here
anyway

When we were at VON I brought up the subject of accounting and
verifying proper call tear down, and it seems the ideal solution from
a sip perspective is RFC 4028 (SIP session timers) which tracks the
actual sip session with the UA.  What I'm starting to realize is that
support for this is very limited and I haven't found much evidence if
any in the devices where network failures are most likely to occur
ATAs and end user devices.

This seems to leave me relying on the media stream, but this also has
its issues with network issues occurring when calls are placed on
hold.  Does anyone have any good suggestions for accurate accounting
when dealing with end users, or is what I described as good as I'm
going to get, until I find some solutions that support 4028?

Cheers

Miles Scruggs
Wide Ideas | Operations | miles.scruggs at wideideas.com | 509.525.6522
ext 4880