[OpenSER-Users] Forking Madness

Chris Heiser cheiser at config.name
Fri Nov 2 21:22:49 CET 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Chris Heiser writes:
>
> > Call comes in for user A:
> >    - Use avp_db_load to find that user A wants to parallel fork to 123 and 456
> >    - Call to 123 fails because there's no registration
> >    - Call to 456 times out
> >
> >    == At this point we serial fork to the next step which might hbe
> >      - Just call my cell
> >
> > What's unclear to me is how to actually achieve this logic.  I mean,
> > getting the initial parallel fork is quite simple using avp_pushto.
>
> you can add permanent registrations for the aor of the user pointing to
> 123, 456 and your mobile number.  just make sure that q value of the mobile
> is lower that q value of 123 and 456.

if 123 and 456 are registered endpoints, how do I influence their q value?

And lets complicate things more,  what if I wanted to call 123 first, then
my cell, then 123 again?

Would I solve all this by adding permanent registrations that point back
to OpenSER for registered endpoints, etc...?  So a user would have a bunch
of permanent registrations with decreasing q values that point into
OpenSER, PSTN gateway, Voicemail, etc...?