[Users] Replace destination URI (remove port 5062)

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Thu May 31 03:46:23 CEST 2007

I have set up an OpenSER to run on port 5062 instead of 5060. Attached
to OpenSER I have 2 videoconferencing clients which communicate via SIP.
What's working so far
- internal client (registered on OpenSER) to another internal client
(registered on OpenSER)
- internal client (registered on OpenSER) to another external client
- this all works with the OpenSER and other clients behind their NAT, as
Mediaproxy is installed

What is actually not working is
- another external client connetcing to an internal client (registered
on OpenSER) because I have to adress the the To:URI as
sip.mydomain.com:5062.
- Whenever an external INVITE comed in, it ends up with "message too
big" because OpenSER is cycling through its routing plan until it adds
that many via headers that the message increases 2kb.
- what I see is that  openser does not try to find the client on
sip.mydomain.com, instead I feel that it tries to find the client on
sip.mydomain.com:5062 as uri.
- as my operating system (debian etch) cannot resolve this domain, this
runs through the loop

My question:
- is the a way to modify the destinaton header ($tu) that the port is
cut off (name at sip.mydomain.com:5062 ==> name at sip.mydomain.com)?

Best regards
peter