[Users] Interaction Presence Agent - Presence User Agent

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Fri May 25 10:59:10 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I have a question for understanding: I have implemented one OpenSER as
Registrar and one OpenSER as Presence Agent plus XCAP Server 1.0.0. This
is all working so far with newest SVN Release (Big Thanks to Ovidiu and
Anca for the hint) of OpenSER.

Now I want to deploy a Web-Front-End for user interaction with the
Presence Core, because not all clients used are SIMPLE capable. User of
non-capable devices should be able to just login and change their
presence state. They do not necessarily have to be registered at the
registrar, why PUA+ pua_usrloc on registrar side is no choice.

I was thinking about another OpenSER deployed as PUA plus the pua_mi
module for a solution. It gets commands from Web-Frontend via PHP,
forwarded to the FIFO with pua_mi module. The problem I have now is that
the messages are sent just once. Means a user changes his presence
state, PUA sends a PUBLISH to PA but after the expiry the user appears
to be offline.

Is there any possiblitiy to let the PUA send messages constantly, when
the user selects online - means all the time until offline is selected?
I was thinking about many possiblities (cronjob or shellscript running
all the time during online time and sending data to FIFO) but they are
more or less just work-arounds.

Best regards

Sebastian

Sebastian Schumann

Diploma Student Architecture and Design Department

Slovak Telekom, a. s.

T-Com, Operations Unit

Production and Service Division

Innovations and Enterprise Solution Subunit

Address: Namestie Slobody 6, 817 62 Bratislava, Slovakia

Office: Room 232, Jarabinkova 1, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovakia

+421 910 643010 (mobile)

sebastian.schumann at t-com.sk

http://www.t-com.sk