[Users] Need starter information (newbie)

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 23 12:41:02 CEST 2007

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> Hi all, this is my first email to this list. hoping to mingle with you all
> from now on.
>
> I have been working on asterisk for about a year. Now my company is
> planning to use openser with asterisk having asterisk at backend for
> features and voicemail. So is there any book for starters for openser as
> there is for asterisk (Asterisk the future of telephony). i need a book or
> any helpfull link which should reveil the basic concepts of openser, how to
> install it, how to program it, and how to manage it.

Hello Rizwan,

the "SER starting guide" should provide you background of the usage of the
config script and basic routing topics.

http://siprouter.onsip.org/doc/gettingstarted/

But this is somewhat outdated, and also SER specific.

Look at the "IP Telephony Cookbook" to get some directions about the bigger
picture, and again for basic concepts. This is also unfortunally a little bit
outdated.

http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~prelle/terena/cookbook/main/index.html

The OpenSER Wiki provides more in deep informations and also some tutorials
and talks about installation related topics.

http://openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

For installation it would be probably the best to use prebuild binary packages
for your distribution, just look at openser.org for directions.

Cheers,

Henning