[Users] [openser 1.2] $fn, strange shape.

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Mon May 7 13:27:27 CEST 2007

Just to add a bit of information :

Normally, only reserved characters (semicolons, periods, double quotes,
etc.) MUST lead to quotation/escaping. However, for the sake of
simplicity, most UAs do quote the whole display names. Note that the
space I talked about in my previous email is a mistake ; you don't NEED
to quote those. If you want more information about display names, take a
look at rfc2822, and look for examples (search for the "Joe Q. Public",
"quote" and "John Doe" strings in the text,
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html).

Cheers,
Jerome.

Mail : jmartin at longphone.fr