[Users] "detached" timer

Jiri Kuthan jiri at iptel.org
Fri Mar 30 17:19:37 CEST 2007

At 16:58 30/03/2007, Jerome Martin wrote:
>On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:43 +0200, Jiri Kuthan wrote:
>>
>>I'm hearing that the interest in porting those is rather low, I just expressed
>>my opinion that it would do good to openser if someone took the time to do it.
>>The overhauls have greatly improved robustness of SER after openser forked off.
>
>But can't we assume than bogdan's work on 1.2 might give OpenSER the same level of robustness as
>SER's TM/timers overhaul, and give this code time to stabilize before thinking of porting ?

I'm sure I will receive an opposite answer to this quickly, it just occurs to be my
respectful opinion based on studies of the code that this would be an unsafe assumption.

>I mean, what would let you think that 1.2 TM/timers is less robust than SER's 2.0 modifications ?

The data structures appear to me to still allow conditions where load can get out
of control. Similarly, the previous error message was an indication of race condition
(haven't checked though now if it remains in 1.2).

-jiri