[Users] Re: [Business] Re: [Devel] OpenSER v1.2.0 released

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Mar 30 12:29:21 CEST 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007 11:30, Cesc wrote:
> Well, never used cmake myself, so can't tell. Autotools is complicated
> if starting from scratch, but if using existing configs from some
> other project, the jumpstart is very big.

As long as you don't need to change anything with autotools, and you can stay
with your copied configuration, then autotools work fine.
I follow the KDE project closely, and they made good experiences with cmake
after a long period of autotools problems, http://dot.kde.org/1172083974/ . I
look a little bit into this, and it seems ok.

> As for the port ... i would expect some difficulties in some parts,
> like locking, loging and memory mgmnt ... also some database access
> libraries ... but maybe a simple, very cut-down version, with basic
> functionality, could be realized ...

Do you expect a huge interest in a windows port?

Henning