[Users] I need save("location") but with some change ...

Tue Mar 27 10:24:06 CEST 2007

Bodin Bruno wrote:
> Hello,
> I currently use this code :
>
> if (is_method("REGISTER"))
> {
>            if (!radius_www_authorize("mydomain"))
>            {
>                www_challenge("mydomain", "0");
>                exit;
>            };
>            xlog("new user : $au");
>            save("location")) ;
>            exit;
> };
>
> But save function add a new item in location table with these param :
> Username, domain, contact ....user_agent, socket, methods.
>
> Username use by register module isn't Authentification's username how
> can I change it ?

You can not change it. The uri in To: header is used. But you can make
sure that the To: uri username and the authentication username are
identically by using check_to().

> Is it possible to add more location for a user ? ( Like username and
> numer phone )

The location table stores the contact of registered clients. Thus, this
is rather dynamic data and maps a public SIP URI to the ip:port where
the client can be reached.

Username: The username IS already in the location table
phone number: Usually a phone number maps to a user, not to a contact.
Thus, this additional data is usually stored in the subscriber table
(e.g. use the rpid column (remote-party-id=user's phone number) or add
other columns you need).

regards
klaus