[Users] Advanced OpenSER Programming Course, Paris, INRIA, June 4-6, 2007

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Mar 22 13:05:16 CET 2007

Hello,

following some discussions started during first OpenSER Summit, we are
happy to announce that first Advanced Programming Course will happen
very soon. Courtesy of INRIA (many thanks to Philippe Sultan) we have
the room and a good connected location. There will be three full days of
deep analysis and survey of internal architecture and structures, best
practices to add new features, optimizations and OpenSER's specific
components (memory manager, locking system, ...).

The course is dedicated to people willing to develop OpenSER extensions.
It will be a class of 14 persons. The participation fee will be just to
cover the logistic required for this event, estimated to be about
150-200Euro per person, for the full course (mainly is subject of how
many participants will be registered).

Teachers will be Bogdan-Andrei Iancu and Daniel-Constantin Mierla, from
OpenSER development team, and the primary goal is to attract more
developers to core components of OpenSER and build a higher development
squad. Also, there will be open discussions to improve existing code and
functionalities.

If the interest for this event is high, the primary selection criteria
will include the level of contributions so far and willingness to
contribute in the future. New similar events will be scheduled if the
number of people showing interest is enough for another one or more
classes. For this one, we expect to have people with pretty good
knowledge of SIP and OpenSER operation, to avoid long introduction lessons.

If you are interested in this course, please send an email to
team at openser.org. <mailto:team at openser.org.>

News link:
http://www.openser.org/mos/view/News/NewsItem/Advanced-OpenSER-Programming-Course/