[Users] Compiling new OpenSER 1.2.0 on Solaris 8 fails

Peter Edwards peter.3.edwards at bt.com
Tue Mar 13 23:42:00 CET 2007

OK,

I managed to compile OpenSER but only by disabling TLS and excluding the
presence module.  That's OK to start, but I'd like to get the presence
module compiled again, at least.

After compilation, I discovered another bug in the openser_mysql.sh
script which makes a call to egrep with the -w flag.  This doesn't
appear to work with Solaris' default version of egrep.  Removing the -w
call seems to work.

I didn't raise a bug report for this (or, in fact, the MALLOC symbol
referencing changes I described in my last mail) because I'm not
confident I understand well enough what's going on, so I'm hoping
someone else will be able to comment.

Cheers,

Peter.