[Users] OpenSER dies when MySQL is unreachable???

Daryl Sanders daryl.sanders at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:15:10 CET 2007

> if they place calls and you cannot record to acc, then you lose money
> :-). But think you want to afford that rather than service unavailable
> ... Maybe for future a function to detect if sql server is connect or
> not would help, or, maybe better, the auth functions will return a
> special code to signal that failed to connect to database and let the
> admin handle that in script.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

I think your suggestion for auth functions to return a special code is
a great idea. At least this way you can act on the failure.

Speaking of this, is it currently possible to lookup a subscriber's
own registration status from within the script as they place a call.
My thought is, If we can't properly authorize the subscriber because
the database is down, then maybe we can at least lookup the calling
subscribers location data, and if they are still registered then let
the call pass. I'm just brainstorming... Let me know if my totally off
base.

Another thought is to add the option for a failover DB connection to
OpenSER, so if one connection times out, another DB can be queried. I
know this can already be solved with DB HA but it would be nice to
have the ability to use multiple data sources for auth info,
especially since this data does not change as frequently.

- Daryl