[Users] Re: [Devel] name for branch 1.2.x

Mon Mar 12 11:01:43 CET 2007

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> so far, when a new major release a new branch was created with the first
> version in that branch:
>
> rel_1_0_0 - was for 1.0.x
> rel_1_1_0 - was for 1.1.x
>
> Some complained that it is not suggestive when minor release in the
> branch was done, like 1.0.1 or 1.1.1. So, let's try to find a way more
> convenient. So we will have release a.b.c, where c can be incremented
> several time, being like a patch update release for a.b.0.
>
> Proposed options:
> 3) a_b - ignore patch release number

This is also how asterisk does it and I'm fine with it. IMO it makes
sense to not have a "patch version number" in the branch name.

btw: why not using "." instead of "_", e.g.

Nevertheless we should also have tags for each release.

Eg. this is asterisk's naming schema:

http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/branches/1.2/
http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/tags/1.2.10/

regards