[Users] RE: Openser and Sip provider

Gene Willingham gwillingham at comcast.net
Wed Mar 7 14:39:59 CET 2007

It is possible to have the SIP provider route calls to an IP address.  This
will alleviate the need to register with the provider.

Using a Linksys device may not be the answer either. The Linksys device can
register with openser, but there are limitations on the handling of inbound
calls.  The linksys device assumes that the TO Header is the account name.
There is a way to route the inbound DNID using the dial plan.  You can
contact Linksys support, they should be able to tell you.  I would if I
remembered how.

For asterisk we modified the code (very simple change) to allow Openser to
route calls to asterisk and still use the users peer definition.  The change
is a very small change 3 lines of code, that works with both 1.2 and 1.4
branch of Asterisk.  We can share this with you.

Gene Willingham
Telasip