[Users] Working on 3xx FWD

Sam Lee sam.lee at super.net.sg
Wed Mar 7 04:32:23 CET 2007

Hey guys,

I have a current setup like this .

PSTN user calls in to SIP boxes via PSTN Gateways
Gateway will send the call to the OPENSER servers and in turn rings the
SIP UA

IF SIP UA tries to forward it out to the PSTN again , the problem i am
getting now is NO ring back on the CALLER . (called party (PSTN) rings
and has no problem starting conversation . Just that no ring back).

I am currently making use of the UAC_Redirect in the openser server to
route based on the 3xx move temporarily message.
Is there a way to send a provisional message to the calling party PSTN
gateway (originating GW) that it is trying / ringing so that the
ORIGINATING GW will generate ring back to the caller ?

Please let me know if you can't understand . THanks for your help guys!

Regards,
Sam