[Users] connection pooling with unixodbc

Papadopoulos Georgios geop at altectelecoms.gr
Thu Mar 1 17:01:05 CET 2007

hello all

I am loading the following 10 modules that use an oracle database
through unixodbc.
modparam("usrloc|acc", "db_url", "unixodbc://user:pass@/OracleODBC-10g")
modparam("auth_db|alias_db|uri_db|group|permissions|lcr|domain",
"db_url", "unixodbc://user:pass@/OracleODBC-10g")
modparam("avpops", "avp_url", "unixodbc://user:pass@/OracleODBC-10g")

In my config I have fork=yes and tcp is enabled

With 5 listen addresses and
children=1 : 10 connections in the database.
children=2 : 16 connections
children=3 : 22 connections

With 4 listen address and
children=1 : 9 connections in the database.
children=2 : 14 connections
children=3 : 19 connections

Could anyone help me understand the relation between listen addresses,
number of children and number of modules that use the db?
Also these numbers are the same whether I use MySQL both through the
mysql module and the unixodbc module. Looking into the code, it seems
like there is connection pooling into the unixodbc module. However I get
all these connections. What am I doing wrong?

thank you for any help

George

Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.