[OpenSER-Users] NEW MODULE: Datagram implementation for MI

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jun 27 21:25:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

thanks to Ancuta Onofrei, we added today a new transport implementation
for the Management Interface (MI). This is Datagram (via unix and
network sockets) and it completes the migration to MI (after fifo), but
not the last from the transport implementations :).

It is in alpha stage, so more testing is needed.

NOTE that all MI commands are available via datagram interface; also the
syntax of the commands and replies is exactly as for FIFO.

For more info, please see the online documentation:
   http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/mi_datagram.html
or ask on the mailing list.

Any feedback - bugs or improvements - are welcomed.

Also I want to bring in discussion a related subject - dropping the old
unix sockets implementation from the core.
Before doing it I would like to know who is still using it and if there
are any issues with migrating to the new implementation.

Regards,
Bogdan