[OpenSER-Users] About the opensip server.

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Jun 27 09:36:08 CEST 2007

On Montag, 25. Juni 2007, gaoqiang.qian at nokia.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am working in Nokia and now response for setup a openser sip server
> > providing sip proxy and registrar for one of our project. After I have
> > install the openser Sip server by following all the steps from CVS
> > installation guide. When I start the sip server with openser start
> > command, I always got:
> > 'openser' start: /etc/init.d/openser
> > Openser failed to start
> > Strating open sip router:
> > Listen on
> > Udp:
> > Aliases:
> > Tcp:
> > It seems the starting is failed. So could you tell me what could be
> > the reason? Or could you please tell me is there someway I can test if
> > my openser is running now?

Hello,

look into the system log to get a hint why the server don't start. Increase
the debug level in the configuration to get more informations.

You'll get logmessages if the server is up and responding to queries.
Furthermore look at the tools 'sipp' or 'sipsak' on how to test a sip server.

You'll find more informations about this in the list archives, as this was
already discussed many times.

Cheers,

Henning