[Users] openser 1.2 migration questions

Anatoly Pidruchny apidruchny at newxt.com
Fri Jun 8 20:29:20 CEST 2007

Just a thought. How about the following idea:
1. Before compiling the regex, change it the following way: prefix ->
^(prefix).*$
2. Match the called number to all the provisioned prefixes.
3. The "best" match amongst the matched regexes is the one where the
length of the substring matched to the first subpattern (part of the
regex in the parentheses) is the longest.

The drawback of this approach is that it is necessary to always try to
match against all the prefixes, so, if it is necessary to support many
prefixes then it is not a good idea.

Anatoly.