[Users] openser 1.2 migration questions

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 7 20:48:39 CEST 2007

Alan Crosswell writes:

 > Yes, 1.1 has pattern matching on prefix despite the lack of
 > documentation.  It does a SQL match or regex match just like on the from
 > URI.  We've used this extensively here for the last year.

if you have included chars in the prefix that have special meaning in
mysql LIKE expression, then you may have gotten regexp behavior, but
that has not been intentional.

it would be lot of work to add regexp support to the current caching
implementation.  the main reason is that regexps need to be compiled and
compilation cannot be made to use shared memory.

-- juha