[Users] unixodbc: use_escape_common

Papadopoulos Georgios geop at altectelecoms.gr
Thu Jun 7 14:37:25 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am using
modparam("unixodbc", "use_escape_common", 1)
and the result is that if I have a string like he'llo (single quote
between the e and l), it becomes he\'llo which is not working in sql.
The result should be he''llo (two single quotes between e and l). The
reason is that unixodbc uses the core function escape_common(). I think
that unixodbc whould have two parameters like
modparam("unixodbc", "use_escape_character", "'")
modparam("unixodbc", "escaped_characters", "'\%^")
use_escape_character would be null by default and if it is not null it
would be the character to use for escaping.
escaped_characters would be a list of characters that should be escaped
by the character defined above.

I have patched unixodbc to use its own escape function instead, but it
would be nice if this was a configurable option that others could use. I
could try to implement this if there is an interest. Please let me know
your thoughts.

thank you

George

Disclaimer
The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. Unless you are the intended recipient or his/her representative you are not authorized to, and must not, read, copy, distribute, use or retain this message or any part of it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.