[Users] Question about forking

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at bbeyond.nl
Mon Jun 4 18:21:42 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have SIP UA's register to my OpenSER server and they
can call each other. This has been working for some time
now without any real issues and I'm very happy.

Now I want to be able to have 1 destination be available
on 2 SIP UA's. What I think the best way to do is the
following:

- create two accounts
- make the detination point to one UA A and create an
  "alias" for the destination at UA B (for instance by
  prefixing A)
- On an incoming call detect that there is the
  possibility to reach the destination at A and B
- Fork the incoming call to A and B so that when one
  arm of the fork accepts the call (by going to ringing,
  or immediately answering, etc).

My questions are:
- How do I check if I can start a fork?
- How do I fork and have both arms follow the logic I am
  currently using?

--
Andreas Sikkema