[OpenSER-Users] Mediaproxy performance

Mike O'Connor mike at pineview.net
Sat Jul 28 12:50:33 CEST 2007

Hi Tung

As you know Mediaproxy is written in Python, Python does not really
support proper threading as it still has a global lock on the data
dictionary.

This means that a SMP machine really does not help in fact because of
the CPU switching it will probable perform to a lower level.

I would switch your machines make your test machine your production and
then buy a second machine of the same spec and use the SRV record load
balancing to give you both higher performance and redundancy.

All in all your better off having 3 or 4 machine than one machine in the
long term any :)

Cheers
Mike