[OpenSER-Users] Openser + Radiator

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at voztele.com
Wed Jul 18 17:08:05 CEST 2007

Hola Sergio,

> Does somebody have any experience running Openser + Radiator for
> authentication and accounting?  If it does, what is, more or less
> the maximum performance can be achieved? And finally, Is the
> experience running Openser + Radiator  better compared to using for
> example free radius?

We are long time users/customers of Radiator and i can only say that
we are more than happy with it. I don't know exactly the numbers
about maximum performance but in our former company (one of the
biggest ISPs in Europe) we also used Radiator for authentication and
accounting of dial-up and xdsl access for million of customers.

For Radiator there are some tricks like using two different
Radiators; one for authentication and a different one for accounting,
use the self-included round-robin function, etc, etc.

I never used Free Radius and one of the main reasons was that i never
needed to look for a different Radius server other than Radiator...
and the support from Open guys is exceptional!.

Regards.

Saludos
JesusR.

Jesus Rodriguez