[OpenSER-Users] lookup problem

Kro Kamil kro_ser at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 14 18:35:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

Actually it does not look like a ser problem but I could not find a way out so I am asking your help.
When I try to make a call, after calling lookup function I get the following error and then a "message too big" reply.

DEBUG:sip_resolvehost2: no port, no proto -> do NAPTR lookup! get_record: lookup(sip.sahratelekom.com.tr, 35) failed DEBUG:sip_resolvehost2: no valid NAPTR record found for sip.sahratelekom.com.tr, trying direct SRV lookup... get_record: lookup(_sip._udp.sip.sahratelekom.com.tr, 33) failed DEBUG:sip_resolvehost2: no valid SRV record found for _sip._udp.sip.sahratelekom.com.tr, trying A record lookup... *************************

When I look at the code I saw that "res_search" function is called in "get_record" function and it returns -1 which says that it could not resolve hostname. My "resolv.conf" file is properly configured and I can ping and resolve any address from command line including "sip.sahratelekom.com".
Do you have any idea about this problem?

thanks

Kro