[OpenSER-Users] a c program behaves differently when called by openser than it does when called from the console.

Olivier Bontron bontron at telip.com
Fri Jul 13 14:16:59 CEST 2007

Hello Daniel,
Many thanks for your answer.

The point itself is solved.
There were two problems :
1. A problem was that a '$... ' parameter was faulty in the exec_msg when
conveyed to the C program, which in turn did not exactly what it was
supposed to do. On top of it, there was a poorly designed avp_db_query
request.
2. But pb1 should not have taken place when manually writing the exec_msg
request (and adding the right $... in due place) instead of relying on the
avp_db_query result. Though, even manually written, the exec_msg failed. So
there was another problem and I think you have provided the right
explanation : openser can fake the environment variable.

I hope it can be useful to other readers, since, as there is no error
message, it's not so easy to analyse.

Your suggestion of using avp_db_query : good idea, I 'll try to make a more
extensive use of avp_db_query.

Again, many thanks,

Olivier