[OpenSER-Users] Question on force-active parameter of presence-xml module

Michel de Boer michel at twinklephone.com
Thu Jul 12 20:59:41 CEST 2007

Hi,

According to the documentation if the force-active parameter is set to
0, openser will consult the xcap_table when a SUBCRIBE for presence
comes in. If there is no entry in the xcap_table, the watcher will
receive NOTIFY messages with an empty body until the presentity
authorizes the watcher.

However, in my tests it doesn't seem to matter to what value I set
force_active. The watcher always gets the presence state of the
presentity. For my current tests this is fine as I don't have
support for xcap, but it looks wrong to me.

Can someone explain me how the force-active parameter works?
I am using the devel version of openser.

Regards,
Michel
--
Michel de Boer